Over 100 scholarships available!
|The ICPSR Summer Program offers over 100 scholarships to students from many different fields of social science research. These scholarships enable students to take our courses in statistics, data analysis, and quantitative methods.|
These scholarships provide fee waivers to attend our four-week sessions. The first session begins June 21 and ends July 16, and the second begins on July 19 and ends August 13. Courses will be fully online again this summer, allowing participants to learn from anywhere in the world. Lectures are recorded; there is no need to stay up until all hours of the night (unless you really want to).
Courses include introductory and advanced regression analysis, time series analysis, Bayesian analysis, machine learning, rational choice theory, SEM, MLE, game theory, longitudinal analysis, multilevel modeling, social choice theory, race/ethnicity and quantitative methodology, data visualization, data science and text analysis, and more.
We also offer scholarship in partnership with various organizations:
- Clogg Scholarship: Open to students conducting research in Sociology
- Clubb Scholarship: Open to students conducting research in Quantitative History or related fields
- Diversity Scholarship: Open to graduate students from under-represented groups. Stipends available.
- Heitowit Scholarship: Open to students, faculty, and researchers from all disciplines who have previously attended a four-week session of the ICPSR Summer Program
- Scholarship for Political Science Research: Open to students conducting research in Political Science
- Miller Scholarship: Open to pre-tenure scholars, assistant professors, and students conducting research on electoral/political behavior. Stipends available.
- Scholarship for Public Administration, Public Policy, and Public Affairs: Open to students conducting research in public administration, public policy, or public affairs
- Scholarship for Developmental, Child, and Family Psychology: Open to students conducting research in developmental, child, or family psychology
- Scholarship for Education Research: Open to students conducting research in education and related fields
- EITM Certification Scholarships cover the registration fee for one or both four-week sessions of the ICPSR Summer Program. For application information and eligibility criteria, check the EITM website.
- Janet Box-Steffensmeier and John A. Garcia Scholarships are awarded by the Society for Political Methodology to encourage women and underrepresented graduate students in political science to attend the ICPSR Summer Program. These awards are a waiver of registration fees to attend one or both four-week sessions.
- ISR-Rackham Summer Training Awards provide funds to support doctoral students from the University of Michigan (across all Rackham Divisions) who would like to take courses with the ICPSR Summer Program or SRC Summer Institute.
- The Hanes Walton, Jr. Award for Quantitative Methods Training is awarded by the National Conference of Black Political Scientists and provides a waiver of registration fees for one or both of the four-week sessions. The Hanes Walton, Jr. Award is intended to encourage attendance in the ICPSR Summer Program by faculty and graduate students from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), as well as women and minority graduate students and faculty at other institutions.
Application Period: The scholarship application portal will open on Monday, February 15, 2021 and close at 11:59 p.m. EST on Monday, March 29, 2021. For more information and to apply, visit the ICPSR Summer Program Scholarships page.
Stay up-to-date with the Summer Program!